By P. David Marshall
Companion to Celebrity provides a multi-disciplinary selection of unique essays that discover myriad matters on the subject of the origins, evolution, and present traits within the box of big name studies.
- Offers a close, systematic, and transparent presentation of all features of megastar reviews, with a constitution that rigorously construct its enquiry
- Draws at the most modern scholarly advancements in megastar analyses
- Presents new and provocative methods of exploring celebrity’s meanings and textures
- Considers the progressive ways that new social media have impacted at the creation and intake of celebrity
Read or Download A Companion to Celebrity PDF
Similar pop culture books
Lee brings jointly the discourses of political economic climate and cultural experiences so that it will make clear our social occasions. Lee sees the commodity because the important touchstone at the back of either research of the economic climate and tradition.
Israel has been remodelling itself on Western shopper societies for the final two decades. such a lot Israelis now aspire to the "accessories" of Western lifestyles--private vehicles, cellphones, procuring department shops, and go back and forth in another country. foreign franchises corresponding to McDonald's, workplace Depot, Benetton, IKEA, and Toys 'R' Us more and more function within the Israeli panorama, and advertisements has emerged as a powerful strength.
An advent to Cybercultures presents an available consultant to the key types, practices and meanings of this rapidly-growing box. From the evolution of and software program to the emergence of cyberpunk movie and fiction, David Bell introduces readers to the main features of cyberculture, together with electronic mail, the web, electronic imaging applied sciences, computing device video games and electronic lighting tricks.
Qu'Arthur Rimbaud ait prélevé dans les Poésies d'Isidore Ducasse l'essentiel de sa fameuse lettre du Voyant, est-ce concevable ? Pourquoi Flaubert, dans l'un de ses Trois Contes, chercha-t-il à se mesurer au Julien de Stendhal ? remark Céline peut-il successivement s'inscrire dans los angeles filiation de Zola et du polar américain ?
- Screening the Undead: Vampires and Zombies in Film and Television
- The Long and Winding Road from Blake to the Beatles
- Skilled Visions: Between Apprenticeship and Standards
- Social Sciences: The Big Issues
- L'esprit de l'escalier ou les degrés du savoir
- Upton Sinclair: The Lithuanian Jungle--Upon the Centenary of The Jungle (1905 and 1906) by Upton Sinclair (On the Boundary of Two Worlds: Identity, ... Freedom, & Moral Imagination in the Baltics)
Extra info for A Companion to Celebrity
And Sastry, K. op=1 (accessed Apr. 2015). Dyer, R. (1979) Stars. London: British Film Institute. Gamson, J. (1994) Claims to Fame: Celebrity in Contemporary America. Berkeley: University of California Press. Gledhill, C. ) (1991) Stardom: Industry of Desire. London: Routledge. Gundle, S. (2008). Glamour: A History. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Introduction 13 Heffernan, M. and J¨ons, H. ” Minerva 45 (4): 389–416. Holmes, S. and Redmond, S. (eds) (2006) Framing Celebrity: New Directions in Celebrity Culture.
Com/list/famous-people-who-have-been-knighted/celebrity-lists (accessed Apr. 2015) Redmond, S. (2014) Celebrity and the Media. Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan. Redmond, S. and Holmes, S. (eds) (2007) Stardom and Celebrity: A Reader. London: Sage. Rojek, C. (2001) Celebrity. London: Reaktion. ” The Conversation, Nov. com/honorarydoctorates-well-deserved-or-just-a-bit-of-spin-4267 (accessed Apr. 2015). The Speaker (1895). ” June 1, pp. 595–6. Turner, G. (2013) Understanding Celebrity (2004). 2nd rev.
Celebrity and Power: Fame in Contemporary Culture (1997). 2nd edn. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press. Meyers, L. M. au/celebrity/Celebrities-Honorary-UniversityDegrees-30628210 (accessed Apr. 2015). Monbiot, G. ” The Guardian, Nov. com/commentisfree/2014/oct/14/age-of-loneliness-killingus (accessed Apr. 2015). Morin, E. (1972) Les Stars. Paris: Seuil. Nayar, P. K. (2009). Seeing Stars: Spectacle, Society, and Celebrity Culture. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Ranker. (2014). ” Sept. 9, at http://www.