By Jonathan S. Berek MD MMS
- Question/Answer financial institution for assessment on-line only
- Update on robotics in gynecology
- Website to incorporate pictures and completely searchable text
- Full-color layout that is helping clients fast facilitate information
- Popular open layout so consumers can take vital notes within the margins
- Text covers the fundamentals of anatomy and body structure of the feminine reproductive tract to the administration of complex gynecologic conditions
Read Online or Download Berek & Novak’s gynecology PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
Hypertensive problems stay one the foremost factors of maternal and fetal morbidity and dying. it's also a number one reason behind preterm start referred to now to be a threat think about distant heart problems. regardless of this the hypertensive issues stay marginally studied and administration is frequently debatable.
Over the last twenty years, the impressive advances in imaging concepts, corresponding to ultrasound and speedy or ultra-fast MRI, have ended in the analysis of a growing number of tumors on the prenatal degree. This revised, abundantly illustrated moment variation of Tumors of the Fetus and boy or girl: An Atlas offers an up to date account of the scientific and pathological positive factors of neoplastic affliction and tumor-like stipulations within the fetus, neonate, and baby and discusses significant tumor reports and instances from through the international.
16 British experts pool their broad wisdom of spontaneous abortion in a single resource. Their dialogue is at once appropriate to scientific events and is helping establish components of discussion and replacement tools.
- Gynecologic Pathology (Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series)
- Practical guide to vulval disease: diagnosis and management
- Klinikmanual Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe
- Placenta and Trophoblast: Methods and Protocols Volume 1
- Contraception today : a pocketbook for general practitioners
Additional info for Berek & Novak’s gynecology
The following order of procedure is suggested for the pelvic examination: A. External genitalia 1. Inspect the mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora, perineal body, and anal region for characteristics of the skin, distribution of the hair, contour, and swelling. Palpate any abnormality. 2. Separate the labia majora with the index and middle fingers of the gloved hand and inspect the epidermal and mucosal characteristics and anatomic configuration of the following structures in the order indicated below: a.
The consequences of such disclosure for patients can be significant in terms of insurance coverage and potential job discrimination (3). This concern must be weighed against the need for all health care providers involved with an individual to be informed about past or present diseases or activities that may interfere with or complicate management. The use of illegal drugs, a positive human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test result, and even a history of cancer or psychiatric illness are all exceptionally important to health care providers in evaluating individual patients.
When caring for patients from certain cultures and foreign countries in daily practice, however, it is important to recognize that these issues exist in a microcosm. Ensuring that the patient can make the choice herself (or freely chooses to have a relative make it for her) remains an important element of informed consent between individual physicians and patients. Beneficence and Nonmaleficence The principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence are the basis of medical care—the “to do good and no harm” of Hippocrates.