By Wilfred Beckerman (auth.), Prof. Dr. Herbert Giersch (eds.)
Read Online or Download Economic Progress and Environmental Concerns PDF
Similar environmental books
This quantity presents the 1st accomplished precis of the way plant, animal, and microbial groups advance below the tough stipulations following dramatic typical disturbances. The authors research the elemental ideas that be sure surroundings improvement and follow the overall principles to the pressing useful desire for selling the reclamation of broken lands.
Laotian Daughters makes a speciality of second-generation environmental justice activists in Richmond, California. Bindi Shah's path-breaking publication charts those younger women's efforts to enhance the degraded stipulations of their neighborhood and explores the methods their activism and political practices withstand the damaging stereotypes of race, classification, and gender linked to their ethnic crew.
- Integration of Information for Environmental Security
- Restoration of Forests: Environmental Challenges in Central and Eastern Europe
- Valuation Methods and Policy Making in Environmental Economics, Selected and integrated papers from the Congress вЂњEnvironmental Policy in a Market EconomyвЂќ
- Risk Analysis of Water Pollution, Second Edition
- The Green Multiplier: A Study of Environmental Protection and the Supply Chain
Additional info for Economic Progress and Environmental Concerns
3) Should distributional issues, which come up as intergenerational equity problems due to environmental degradation, be decided on the grounds of utilitarian, libertarian or contractarian (value) judgements? As concerns question (1), at the basis of ecocentrism as a normative theory lies the belief that moral values exist that are external to and independent of man and his interests and which man can nevertheless recognize and acknowledge: ecocentric ethics are, by definition, nonanthropocentric.
Moreover, ecocentrism 3 For a more detailed description of the three positions, compare Norton (1982, 1984), Parfit (1984), Edwards (1987) and Turner (1988b). 28 Johannes Heister and Friedrich Schneider is not necessary for establishing new environmental ethics. One could rather argue that environmental ethics is a question of deeper insight into humanity's own place in the universe, of more human self-respect, and, derived from that, of more respect for all of creation. Then, however, environmental ethics is anthropocentric: man's (moral) behavior with respect to nature can (and should) be developed further on the basis of conventional ethical reasoning.
Nutzinger, H. and A. ). 1989. Okosteuern, Umweltsteuern und -abgaben in der Diskussion. s. Muller. E. 1986. " In: M. Peston und R. ), Prices, Competition and Equilibrium, p. 256-281. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Page, T. 1983. G. Brown and D. ), Energy and the Future, p. 68-93. New Jersey: Rowan Littlefield. Parfit, D. 1984. Reasons and Persons. Oxford: Oxford University Press. W. 1986. Cost Benefit Analysis. Second edition. London: MacMillan. - - . 1988. " In: D. Colard et al. ), Economics, Growth, and Sustainable Environments, p.