By O. Guerra Santin
IOS Press is a world technology, technical and clinical writer of top of the range books for lecturers, scientists, and execs in all fields. the various parts we post in: -Biomedicine -Oncology -Artificial intelligence -Databases and knowledge platforms -Maritime engineering -Nanotechnology -Geoengineering -All features of physics -E-governance -E-commerce -The wisdom economic climate -Urban reports -Arms regulate -Understanding and responding to terrorism -Medical informatics -Computer Sciences
Read or Download Environmental Indicators for Building Design: Development and Application on Mexican Dwellings - Volume 16 Sustainable Urban Areas PDF
Best environmental books
This quantity presents the 1st entire precis of ways plant, animal, and microbial groups enhance less than the tough stipulations following dramatic common disturbances. The authors study the elemental rules that make sure atmosphere improvement and observe the overall principles to the pressing sensible desire for selling the reclamation of broken lands.
Laotian Daughters specializes in second-generation environmental justice activists in Richmond, California. Bindi Shah's path-breaking e-book charts those younger women's efforts to enhance the degraded stipulations of their group and explores the methods their activism and political practices face up to the damaging stereotypes of race, classification, and gender linked to their ethnic team.
- Handbook of Environmental Protection and Enforcement: Principles and Practice (2007)(en)(294s)
- Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology Volume 226
- Mapping Environmental Issues in the City: Arts and Cartography Cross Perspectives
- So, You Live Behind a Levee! What You Should Know to Protect your home and loved ones from floods
Extra resources for Environmental Indicators for Building Design: Development and Application on Mexican Dwellings - Volume 16 Sustainable Urban Areas
Depending on their quality, the weather or other conditions, some materials can last a longer or shorter time. Therefore, the context of the dwelling to be analysed has to be considered in order to classify the materials. Hazardous materials Hazardousness characteristics in materials refer to the presence of toxic materials during the life cycle of the building. For the categorisation of hazardous materials, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), radon and radiation emissions were taken into account; Meijer et al.
In the example, a door made of wood is renewable on account of the sustainable origin of the wood, non-hazardous for the occupants of the dwelling, reusable because it can be reused as a door, and dismantleable because it can be dismantled easily and without damage. Some indicators have been developed in relation to aspects in which the behaviour of the occupants influences the environmental performance of the dwelling. The effects of these factors are seen during the use of the building. 1 Introduction The indicators defined in the previous section are used to analyse housing at two different levels: national and international.
3) and in some cases the middle level is closely related to policies and plans because financing programmes are normally aimed at social and middle economic levels. After choosing the socioeconomic level of the reference houses, their characteristics were determined with the help of statistical information and other documentation. 6 % Source: INEGI (2000) Size The legislation of Human Settlements of the State of Mexico indicates the requirements for surface areas and characteristics. 4. Therefore for the social reference house, a dwelling with land area between 72 and 90 square meters was chosen, and with construction surface of around 56 square meters.