By Timothy Horton Ball, Henry Sale Halbert
The 1st version of Halbert and Ball's Creek struggle used to be released in 1895, and a brand new variation containing an introductory essay, supplementary notes, a bibliography, and an index through Frank L. Owsley Jr., was once released in 1969. This common account of 1 of the main arguable wars within which american citizens have fought is back on hand, with introductory fabrics and a bibliography revised to mirror the advances in scholarship because the 1969 variation. This facsimile replica of the 1895 unique presents a whole and sympathetic account of the Indians' perspective, from the earliest stopover at of the good Shawnee leader Tecumseh to the southern tribes in 1811, during the buildup of apprehension and hostilities resulting in the fateful battles at Burnt Corn, citadel Mims, and Holy floor.
Read or Download The Creek War of 1813 and 1814 PDF
Best native american books
A part of the 10-volume set local the United States, this name tells the historical past and tradition of the Plateau Indians. It starts with a quick set advent that discusses a few of the extensive historical past and issues came upon through the Plateau Indian tradition, in addition to explains the concept that of tradition parts to scholars.
Within the reminiscence of All historical Customs, Tom Arne Midtrød examines the complicated styles of diplomatic, political, and social conversation one of the American Indian peoples of the Hudson Valley—including the Mahicans, Wappingers, and Esopus Indians—from the early 17th century in the course of the American innovative period.
A world-renowned Pomo basket weaver and drugs girl, Mabel McKay expressed her genius via her celebrated baskets, her desires, her therapies, and the tales with which she saved her tradition alive. She spent her existence instructing others how the spirit speaks in the course of the Dream, how the spirit heals, and the way the spirit calls for to be heard.
- Northeast Indians
- To do good to my Indian brethren: the writings of Joseph Johnson, 1751-1776
- Gathering Hopewell: Society, Ritual, and Ritual Interaction
- Making Indian Law: The Hualapai Land Case and the Birth of Ethnohistory (The Lamar Series in Western History)
- I Hear the Train: Reflections, Inventions, Refractions
Extra info for The Creek War of 1813 and 1814
Since the 1969 reprint, however, several scholars have published studies that cover either the Creek War generally or specific portions of it. In 1968, even before the actual release of the reprint, James W. Holland published a brief study of the Creek War titled Andrew Jackson and the Creek War: Victory at Horseshoe Bend. This work, although well written, is brief and fails to cover the early war in the Mississippi Territory in more than a cursory way. It was, in fact, commissioned by the National Park Service for the Battle of Horseshoe Bend.
I want them put back.
12. Montgomery Advertiser, Mar. 16, 1941. 13. Timothy H. Ball, A Glance into the Great South-Eas, or, Clarke County, and its Surroundings From 1540 to 1877 (Grove Hill, Alabama, 1882). 14. , The Association of Research Libraries, A Catalog of Books Represented by Library of Congress Printed Cards, Issued to July 31, 1942, 164 vols. (Ann Arbor, Michigan, 19421946), vol. 9, pp. 6061. 15. Owen, History of Alabama, vol. 3, p. 85. Page xviii Page xix Editor's Introduction to the 1995 Edition. The 1969 reprint of Halbert and Ball's The Creek War of 1813 and 1814, originally published in 1895, produced the only work devoted to the study of that conflict.